Thursday, July 23, 2009

Skywatch Friday

Hi all! I hope you've had a great week! So, here's my Skywatch shot for this week, a photo that I took at beautiful Niagara Falls, Ontario on Thanksgiving weekend this pas October. It was an absolutely beautiful day, actually about 27 degrees Celsius, marvelous for my first ever trip to this Canadian natural wonder! The picture I'm sharing with you actually of the American falls in the the distance, which are in the state of New York. I absolutely loved how the rainbow created by the mist from the Canadian falls, actually called Horseshoe Falls, curved right over the American falls and the Bridge to the USA (yup, that's its actual name!) and across the beautiful blue Fall sky :o)

So there you have it, I hope you all have a great weekend and don't forget to check out other Skywatchers' photos here: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. That is really a fantastic picture. I can picture it as a postcard or even a poster.
    nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect shot. I love the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot with the arches of bridge and rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rainbow!! Great pictures.
    I visited Niagra Falls about 20 years ago. It still looks the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant a rainbow. I missed one the other night by 2mins. Excellent capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I were at Niagara Falls in May. You are sooooo lucky to have seen a rainbow there. My goodness, your image is simply divine!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful view and excellent capture of rainbow!

    ReplyDelete