Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Doldrums

Hi everyone!

So, I don't know if this happens to any of you, but every year around this time I fall victim to a major case of the doldrums...the days get shorter, I have less to do at work, I'm not outside nearly as much, it gets cool and I end up feeling sulky and restless and I have a lot of trouble snapping myself out of it. Does this happen to any of you and if so, how do you get over it? In my case, I just have to wait and let it pass. It usually takes a few weeks of ups and downs until I fall into my new routine, which usually happens about the same time the leaves start changing and I get wrapped up in the beauty of that and then I'm okay. Don't get me wrong, I love fall. I love the smells, sounds and sights of it, it's just that compared to summer it can be kind of a drag sometimes, especially when I think that after fall, there's invariably winter...now that's really a drag. I would do perfectly well in a two climate system that hopped between two seasons, summer and fall with snow for two weeks before and two weeks after Christmas, anything else is just overkill, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment