Saturday, March 7, 2009

9-1-1 grandparents

No pictures with this post folks, sorry...but I hope to give you a good giggle and some of my photos will come soon!

So I set out this afternoon with my little grocery cart to go and buy litter and canned food for my cats. It was really nice and mild out and I had been looking forward to the walk. I got to the store and took an 18kg bag of litter and the usual 18 cans of food and put it all into the cart and went back on my way, thinking that I might not enjoy the walk home as much as I had enjoyed the walk to the store since the cart was pretty darn heavy and I had to pull it uphill all the way home. I crossed Sherbrooke and got to the corner of my street and went to cross it so I'd be on the side of the street my apartment would be on when I got to it. I stepped off the curb and the cart followed me one wheel at a time, but then I heard a crack...the left wheel of my cart had broken off and pieces of it were were scattered on the corner. Uh, oh...there was no way I was going to be able to carry the stuff all the way back to my place and the cart was going to go nowhere on one wheel. So I pulled out my cell phone and called my grandmother, who was most disapointed to find out a wheel had broken off the cart since she was the one who had gotten it for me (I was most strongly opposed to having a cart for the longest time because I only ever saw older ladies pulling them around). She asked me where I was and then told my grandfather who said he would come and rescue me in my stranded state and he was there about 15 minutes later and we put my wounded cart into the trunk and he drove me home and brought my cart in for me after agreeing with me that there was no saving it. Despite my original reticence at having a pull-cart, I have to admit that I really do hope to have another one soon...hopefully with more solid wheels that will allow me to go on and off of sidewalks without them breaking and stranding me, because the next time my grandfather may not be home to save me :oJ

No comments:

Post a Comment