Sunday, August 2, 2009

Red Parasols and Simon's Cat


I hope you all had a great weekend! Things went pretty well on my end, namely yesterday when I headed into Old Montreal for a walk and a visit to my favorite stationary store, Papeterie Casse-Noissette. They don't have a web site, but take my word for it and swing by if ever you,re in Montreal. They're a little hole in wall but they hold all kinds of treasures for anyone who enjoys writing. Amazing notebooks, high end pens, original wrapping paper and ribbon, greeting cards, you name it, they have it, but in small quantities to fit their small, charming shop. You can find them at 445 rue St-Sulpice, just pas Notre-Dame Basilica and right after the 'Noël Éternel' shop that all the tourists loooooove having their picture taken in front of.

Anyhow, on my way back to the metro after buying my 2010 agenda at the stationary shop, I happened to look up at the roof of the Place d'Armes hotel, one of Montreal's swankier places and I noticed that they had set up a bunch of red parasols and potted palms on their rooftop terrace bar and I loved the contrast they created with the white ledge. What do you guys think? I thought it was totally awesome, so it turned into the last picture I took before heading home, you'll get to see another one or two for Skywatch Friday later on in the week.

On another note, have you guys ever heard of Simon's Cat? If you haven't, you need to go and check out his website right now! They're the most awesome little videos ever, they make me laugh every time I watch them, even though I've seen them all way more than once.

So there you have it, I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment