Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

I went to see 'The Time Traveler's Wife' with a friend of mine today and this in spite of reading this absolutely vile review this morning. It was so extreme that it lost all its credibility and made me want to see the movie even more, if that's even possible. I read Audrey Niffenegger's novel on which the movie is based just after Christmas and absolutely adored it and had been impatiently waiting for the movie ever since then. Let me tell you, that I was not disappointed in the least. 'The Time Traveller's Wife' lived up to all of my expectations and is quite possibly one of the best movie adaptations of a novel I have ever seen. It is beautifully filmed, the actors have amazing chemistry and the soundtrack fits the film like a glove.

My recommendation: go see the film, but it will help if you read the book first. If you don't read the book first, do go with an open mind, otherwise you may end up like the vile movie reviewer, although I don't think anyone else could ever be that extreme. I seriously don't know what she had put in her coffee before writing that review, but she needs to never do it again...

Oh, and one more suggestion: bring tissues, ladies, you will need them. I had none and regretted it :op

No comments:

Post a Comment