Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today I...November 19th

Today I...

...am sharing this photo of one of the archways that lead into the Chinese Garden lantern exhibit at Montreal's Botanical Gardens with you. These large red lanterns come back every year and I find they are a great way to lead people into the exhibit!

...got home around 5:30 P.M. after spending a lovely 24 hours with my Sweetheart. He came over to my place last night after I lured him in with a promise of poulet chasseur (hunters' chicken if you want a literal translation) made in my crockpot and this morning we headed over to his place.

...went grocery shopping with my Sweetheart.

...helped him bake a cake. It was a very complicated cake and his first attempt at baking one and he was such a whirling dervish in the kitchen and doing things in such a peculiar order rather than following the steps of the recipe, that I eventually decided to sit down, eat my lunch and then just did whatever he asked me to to help him instead of trying to help him on my own as I was getting far too overwhelmed by how all over the place he was. The cake turned out lovely though, or at least it looked lovely. We tasted to many ingredients while making it that by the time it was ready to taste, neither one of us had the appetite to! He'll keep some for me though and I'll get some later this week :o)

...am doing my laundry and will greatly enjoy 'clean sheet' night tonight. I find there's always something lovely about the feeling of going to bed in freshly laundered sheets, don't you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karine! I do love cakes and love to bake them--Just don't ask me to decorate!! What kind of cake did your sweetheart make and what was the occasion if I can ask?

    I love clean sheets too..There's something about cool clean sheets and warming up on a cold night...

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!

    The cake was chocolate mousse with raspberries and black currents. It is more than likely fiendishly good! As for the occasion, his family invited themselves to his place tomorrow and he likes to show his mom that he can hold his own the kitchen...even though he did have some help from me in this case. Since I won't be there, whether he discloses that bit of information or not is entirely up to him lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a clean sheet type of person as well, love slipping into bed with clean sheets on it.

    Cake sounds yummy,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo. Great idea to limit the number of cooks in the kitchen!

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete