Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm back!



Look, I'm back! and with a super video to boot :o) This is one of my all-time favorite pieces for violin and the first three and a half minutes are insane :o) Itzhak Perlman is one of the best violinists ever, the proof is that he gets through the Prelude (the first three and half minutes) without even breaking a sweat :o)

So, I've had a great few days, despite the freezing cold here. We finally got a few good dumpings of snow, so everything is nice and pretty and white and cheery, especially since I don't have a car that needs to be dug out of a snowbank so that the plows and get through :o)

I made a nice vegetarian lasagna yesterday, it took forever and then the juices leaked into the bottom of my oven and set the smoke detector off for about 15-20 minutes non-stop. My downstairs neighbor loved that, he beat on his ceiling to let me know all about it. Does anyone have any tricks for getting charred tomato juice off the bottom of a gas stove? I tried scraping at it a a special scratchy rag and it took some of it off, but I get the impression I would have to be at it for half a day in order for it all to come off...Anyhow, my Sweetheart and I thoroughly enjoyed the lasagna, he took three pieces of it for himself before we left his place this morning and I put three pieces in my fridge and the rest in my freezer. But yeah, the next time I make lasagna, I am opening the kitchen window, turning on the rotating fan I use to cool off the kitchen in the summer and putting tin foil in the bottom of the stove so I can just throw out the charred mess after I'm done baking it!

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I should be around a bit more this week so I'll be posting more regularly :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment