Friday, July 13, 2012

Today I...July 13th

Me enjoying my grandparents' pool last week

Today I...

...am on day two of getting back into the swing of things after my lovely vacation with my family. Yesterday I got home a bit before 1:00 A.M., welcomed my cats home around 10:00 A.M. when my friend G dropped them off (they spent the week I was away at her place), went back to work and cleared out my backlog, went grocery shopping and then went for my first jog in over a week.

...am getting my laundry done. My Grandma washed pretty much everything I had brought to her place on Tuesday, but I had to wash everything that piled into my laundry basket before I left and my bedding and towels.

...stopped to buy some milk and cream on my way home from work and came out of the grocery store only to bare witness to an all out brawl across in front of the movie rental outlet across the street. It was so bad that I hung up with my mom in order to call 9-1-1. A bunch of police cadets showed up in no time flat and they dispatched the police as well, but by the time the cadets were getting there, the fight was breaking up. It was the first time I had seen such a thing though and it was quite scary!

...am missing my Sweetheart, who is also on vacation, but with his own family in Virginia Beach and for two weeks rather than one. I don't think he has Internet access, because I have not heard from him since I left his place for the airport on Wednesday of last week and he left for Virginia Beach on Saturday. I'm still hoping that he is so busy unwinding after the crazy seven months he has had that he has simply been reading my e-mails but not answering. Time will tell! I'm just glad that he has finally been able to get away and relax and am very much looking forward to seeing him when he gets home next week. In the mean time, I will do my best to keep busy and am therefore going out with a friend for dinner, ice cream and to see the Canadian participants in Montreal's international fireworks competition. I'll do my best to get some good pictures and share them with you on Sunday :o) I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice day - very typical after getting back from vacation. Sometimes I love those days - cause it feels good to be back in routine, but other times I hate them cause I still want to be on vacation. I'm sure your kitties missed you:)

    ReplyDelete