Monday, July 2, 2012

Today I...July 2nd

Pleasure boats heading in and out of the Old Port of Montreal last weekend

Today I...

...am popping in a day earlier than I thought I would be. Unfortunately, my weekend did not at all go as I had hoped it would. I was very disappointed to say the least. The biggest issue was my Sweetheart coming down with food poisoning. His mother went to his place on Wednesday after the funeral of a priest we all knew and liked and brought some Polish sausages from a European market near my place with her. I was not in the picture by the way, I was at work. Nobody has ever gotten sick from my cooking. Anyhow, that evening my Sweetheart became very sick and he was sick all week. He was quiet, I did not see him on Skype and did not get any e-mails from him, but didn't think anything of it since I knew he was hoping to get the last of his work done so we could spend the weekend together. I found out on Saturday morning how sick he had been. He was so disgruntled, probably more from the fact that he hadn't been able to work than because he had been so sick and was still feeling under the weather. He made it out to his brother's birthday BBQ last night and ate a bit, but is now feeling worse again today because of that. Needless to say we did not see each other over the weekend and will not be going to our friends baby shower BBQ together tonight. I'll be flying solo, but we are planning on spending the evening together on Wednesday as he figures he should be feeling better by then. He'll have to work, but at least we will be together :o)

...am also not going to be able to go boating with my brother and his friend today. They want to take the boat out in the afternoon and BBQ on some islands south of Montreal and I am already busy this evening. They were not open to my suggestion of BBQing lunch instead, so no boating for me *sigh*. I guess all this will teach me to get all hyped up over a weekend before it's here, right?

...am, however, looking forward to my evening with my friends tonight. At least that hasn't changed.

...am glad that the sour mood I was in yesterday has passed. I was definitely wallowing in self-pity. I don't do that very often and hate myself when I do, but I guess it happens to everyone every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment