Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today I...August 12th

Souris light house in Souris, Prince Edward Island
Today I...

...spent two hours visiting my father in the hospital. He was doing better today, which was wonderful to see, but he still has a long way to go.

...stopped at the mall on the way home to grab a smoothie and make a few calls before switching buses and decided to stop in at my favorite store, RW&Co. I have been shopping there since they first opened in 1999 (my mom brought me there saying there was a new store that had opened and she thought I might like their clothes and she was right) and they have always had excellent quality clothing that is affordable and stylish. I had been a bit disappointed with their stuff they had in their last few collections and found myself wondering if I was outgrowing them, but when I walked into the store today, it was just like it used to be and I found piece after piece of clothing that I loved. I was on the phone with my Grandma G. while wandering around the store so I didn't buy anything on my first walk through, but I went back after hanging up with her and ended up with a wonderful salesgirl who was almost like a personal shopper. She suggested outfit combinations, got all the right sizes for me just by looking at me and was not too intrusive while I was in the fitting room. I ended up buying a skirt, a pair of pants, a top, a cardigan and a camisole for under 240$ and leaving with a little smile on my face, which was great after the week I had. stung by a wasp on the inside of my left ankle while waiting for the bus at the mall. If you have never been stung by a wasp, I suggest you try your hardest not to, it hurts like heck!

...finally washed my dishes. I have been home so little since Tuesday and have been so tired when I have been home that I had not washed them since then. Luckily, there was only one very well rinsed pan and plate, some closed and empty Ziploc containers from my dinners at work, some glasses and lots of cutlery in there, so nothing too major. I got it all washed in about 15 minutes.

...was hoping I would be able to go for a jog tonight, even if it was only half the distance I usually run, but I am still just way, way too tired and even if I wasn't, I got stung by that wasp right where my running shoes fit onto my ankle. The sting is still sore, so running would not have been possible. Hopefully I will be able to make it out tomorrow, because I haven't jogged in a week :o( waiting for my Sweetheart to call me back. He's leaving for Haiti tomorrow. If he doesn't call back soon, I'm going to fall asleep waiting for him though. Goodnight...


  1. Hi Karine! Catching up on your last two posts and am so sorry about your Father! My own Father had a similar thing happen to him after he retired too--It's so much to deal with and such a drastic change in the pace of life that many like 'our Dad's' have a hard time adjusting to it all. I hope that he continues to improve and please know that I'll keep him in my prayers that his health and strength returns quickly! Take care of YOURSELF too and that wasp sting--They can really pack a punch, can't they?

    1. Thank you so much for sharing your father's experience with me and for your prayers Kim! I am making it my goal this week to be kind to myself, I'm really going to try and establish a firm routine for myself. As for the wasp sting, it certainly was surprisingly painful!