Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today I...May 31st


Today I...

...am feeling better. My Sweetheart's flight left on time and he is more than halfway to Frankfurt now. Once there he will have a five and a half hour wait before getting on his next flight to Katowice. Poland and from there he will head to his hometown of Czestochowa. Since I'm feeling more cheerful today, I'm sharing this lovely picture of a tree in full bloom in Los Angeles. It was so wonderful when my Sweetheart and I got there to see green, green grass and flowers and trees in bloom. Everything seems to bright to us Canadians after a long winter of no leaves or grass!

...was so happy to see D when I got to the office this morning and C made it in too, we were quite the happy campers to be together again after more than a month of not having worked together. Hopefully now we will all be able to let the stress levels fall and get back into the swing of things.

...went out to a book store with a large stationary department after work and got myself a little notebook and a pen (all of mine seem to have disappeared during my trip to LA, I'll have to ask my Sweetheart if he finds any in his bags while he's away!) to chronicle my Sweetheart's trip and all the things that happen during the day that I will want to put in my weekly e-mails to him. I'm going to stick his itinerary in there and little maps of where he is every time he changes cities. I figure if I make a project out of following him around his absence will go by faster! I've had books to write to him in during his long trips before, but I lost the hang of doing it and I also wasn't too keen on writing long notes every day, so I figured I would get crafty about it this time and keep the notebook small enough that I can carry it around and write in it whenever something happens that I want to remember to include in an e-mail rather than having to devote a half hour every day to write everything down all at once. I just might show it to him when he gets back too, he'll probably get a kick out of it!

1 comment:

  1. A journal is a great way to remember what happens each day

    ReplyDelete