Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today I...October 26th


Today I...

...am sharing a few of the photos I took at this year's 'La Magie des Lanternes' Chinese lantern exhibit at Montreal's Botanical Gardens with you. The theme of the show this year is 'The First Emperor's Procession' and it is held, naturally, in the Chinese garden section. It is a lovely exhibit to take in either during the day or at night, but I must admit that if you are going specifically to take photos, it is much easier to get that done during the day since the exhibit can be very, very crowded at night. It is also best to go towards the end of the afternoon once all the school groups are done visiting as they can crowd the place up during the day as well. I went around 2:30 P.M. and it was a perfect time as there was still plenty of daylight and not too many people around! And here is an interesting little fact: 'La Magie des Lanternes' was among the first dates that my Sweetheart took me out on back in the Fall of 2004 and it was also my first visit to the Botanical Gardens! He couldn't believe I had lived in Montreal all my life and never been to the gardens before :o)

...was off work, naturally. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it to the gardens!

...did a bit of cleaning in my apartment.

...clipped my cats claws, much to their disgust.

...finally got my chicken cassoulet from the other day out of the crockpot and into some containers for the fridge and freezer.

...have a headache again, darn it!

1 comment:

  1. I've loved your photos of the exhibit--They had something similar to this in Washington DC a while back and I was asked to go and didn't--Now I see what I missed!

    By the way, you're very brave to trim your cats nails--I have never done that, and I think it shows! :-)

    ReplyDelete