Saturday, April 14, 2012

Today I...April 14th

Today I...

...am sharing another image of the Titanic with all of you. This one is a scene that was used in the 1997 film 'Titanic'. When James Cameron filmed Titanic, he was greatly inspired by the paintings of Ken Marschall. His paintings of the Titanic are so realistic, that when I was very little and beginning to be interested in the Titanic, I thought they were actual photos of the ship until my mother explained to me that color photos didn't exist when the Titanic was built. This particular painting depicts the Titanic sailing into the sunset on the evening of April 14th, 1912, exactly 100 years ago. I have really enjoyed watching all of the documentaries about the Titanic on the National Geographic Channel this week (and yes, it has kept me away from my blog!), but my favorite, by far, has been Titanic: Case Closed. It has opened my eyes to the true causes behind the sinking. If you ever have the chance to watch this documentary, you really should, whether you are a Titanic buff or not!

...am having a quiet Saturday at home. I went out for groceries, but otherwise have spent my time relaxing. I really am very tired and overdue for a vacation, I woke up this morning I was extremely confused and had no clue what day of the week it was and was horrified at the thought that I was going to have to get up and go to work until I remembered it was Saturday. I then turned over and went back to sleep.

...still do not know whether or not I will be going on vacation with my Sweetheart at the end of May, but have made an appointment to get  Hepatitis A&B and  Tetanus vaccines on Tuesday morning just in case we end up going down South to the Caribbean or Cuba, or Mexico or someplace like that. Paris is looking much less likely now as the flights are so expensive and hotels and apartments are now pretty much all full. I guess Paris will have to wait another year! Oh and if you're wondering what the hold up is for our vacation plans: my Sweetheart has to wait and when he's going off on his business trip...to Angola!!! Why can't they go on business trips someplace like Chicago or New York?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karine! I love your pictures of the Titanic. I'd forgotten that this very day is the 100th anniversary. I've enjoyed reading some of the stories again, and new ones too.

    I know wherever you end up going on vacation, it'll be wonderful and just as much fun, if not more than Paris!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post about the history behind events, it was a sad chapter for folks invovled. Always nice to be planning a vacation, hope it is just as fun to plan as get there.

    ReplyDelete