Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today I...February 22nd

Today I...

...am sharing this photo of one of the enchanting floral decorations at the Spring Rolls restaurant that my Sweetheart, my aunt, her friend and I ate at after our visit to The Rex Jazz Bar and Hotel last Friday night.

...am very happy to report that my Sweetheart was not walking in the front door to The Rex when part of the aluminum siding that ran along the front of the roof blew off and down onto the sidewalk in front of the bar, nor was anyone else fortunately and miraculously, since the corner of Queen and University streets is a very busy one indeed. Yikes...

...am also so very happy to report that I had a lovely weekend at my Sweetheart's. We talked and laughed and we felt none of the usual 'Oh my God, we're running out of time' stress that we would feel as our weekends together edged along. No, for the first time in two years we were truly able to enjoy every last minute of our time together because my Sweetheart in moving back to Montreal in 12 days!!! Oh, March 6th, I believe we will make a new anniversary out of you :o)

...had one heck of a busy day. I signed up 300 pilgrims (six groups) for the novena, cleared out most of my backlog of e-mails and still had time for lunch! Wow!!! lol

...went grocery shopping after work came home and did the laundry and finally got to crash on my couch at 9:00 P.M.

...am posting, after I'm done here, a video of a train I will forever recognize when I see it along the tracks, Via #66, the train that carried me home from Toronto a dozen times (literally) over the past two years. Normally when I heard them opening and closing the doors of the train at the stations I felt my heart drop because I was getting one stop further from Toronto and my Sweetheart, but last night I didn't feel that at all. I felt my heart lift as we got closer to Montreal and I kept thinking 'We did, we did it, we made it work for two whole years.' We did, it was lots of stress sometimes, lots of tears sometimes, lots of loneliness sometimes, but also lots of laughs, lots of smiles, lots of hours talking on 'the phone' (Skype), lots of weekends spent together that we never would have spent together had my Sweetheart stayed in Montreal. So was it hard? Yes. Was it long? Oh, yeah. But would I trade the time I spent with my Sweetheart over the past two years and what it brought us? The growth and the maturity and the confidence in the strength of our relationship? No, not one minute, not one second, not one laugh he got out of me to stop me from crying when I got on the train and not one tear I shed once I was on the train, not one.

1 comment:

  1. Karine, I'm catching up on your blog, something that you know I find so relaxing, and the last paragraph is so beautifully written and so touching--It really does show the depth of your relationship and your devotion and commitment you and your sweetheart have to one another. It also proves that time apart doesn't mean you have to be torn apart!

    ReplyDelete