Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today I...February 8th

Today I...

...am sharing another picture of Mont-Tremblant with you. Going there to wander around the village is just as much fun as going there to ski, in my case since the village is truly picturesque and the buildings are all painted bright colors so they stand out against the snow. Lovely :o)

...spoke with my Sweetheart for over a half-hour, the highlight of my day :o) It turned out that he ended up in Montreal last weekend quite unexpectedly since his family called an emergency meeting. Nothing too serious, don't worry, they just needed to have a big discussion about something that couldn't wait so he had to jump on a train at the last minute. He wrote to me on Monday after I gave him a rather forceful poke. He forgot to tell me before leaving or actually he forgot that he hadn't told me. It's not the first time he's forgotten to tell me something like that, a few times he's actually thought he told me something when he had actually told his mother about it and vice-versa. Oh well, no big deal. The important thing is that he contacted me as soon as he realized his mistake.

...had a quieter day at work than yesterday, which was nice since yesterday was rather brutal.

...am happy to report that I can now read sheet music quite well! I'm very happy that it's coming back to me so easily, now I'll just have to keep it up so I don't lose the habit of it again. I had known how to read scores in high school when I played the flute, but then when I started singing it was just so much easier to rely on my perfect ear (play a note on any instrument and I shall reproduce it and tell you which note it is without fail). It was just kind of embarrassing when my choir director asked us to sight read through a piece of music while actually saying what note we were reading (sol, la, si, do, ré...ouch) I could sound them out, but not read them like that, but now after a few days of writing the names of the notes on my scores, no problem. Phew!

1 comment: