Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today I...September 11th


Today I...

...am sharing this Ikea ad with you. Their ads are brilliant as a general rule, but being a cat and music fan, I find this one particularly good :o)

...am back to posting after taking Friday and yesterday off. I actually was going to post yesterday, but then ended up getting a wonderful invitation to my Sweetheart's. I'm sure you'll forgive me for skipping out on you guys for that :o)

...had a wonderful day with my Sweetheart. We got up late, then headed out to watch the Montreal Grand Prix of cycling and then we had lunch with a few of his friends before going for a walk in Mont Royal park and watching the cyclists go by us two more times.

...got home around 4:00 P.M. and did the ironing, vacuuming and putting away of laundry that I was planning on doing last night.

...went back out, this time for sushi and ice cream with my brother. Yum!!!

...spent quite a bit of time thinking back to how different today was from September 11th, 2001. So many smiling, carefree faces. The weather was just as gorgeous today as it was on this day 10 years ago, but this time everyone I saw was so happy. It was almost like looking at how September 11th, 2001 should have gone rather than how it did go. I'm sure that a lot of other people were thinking the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karine! I've not seen that commercial and it certainly made me 'happy inside!' -- You know how I also love cats and good music! :-)

    I'm glad you had an enjoyable weekend!! You're right about Sunday being the day it should have been 10 years ago. Hopefully the ones ahead of us will continue to be that way.

    I hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete