Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today I...September 27th


Today I...

...have a horrible migraine, so I am going to let the music do most of the work for me. This is Paul Mealor's Ubi Caritas sung by the Choirs of Westminster Abbey and St-George's Chapel during the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton this past April. I had never heard this piece of music before it was sung at the wedding and I was very touched by it. I sent another YouTube video of it to my choir director yesterday where it was sung by an adult choir and he loved it as well. We are going to try and find the sheet music for it so our choir can sing it, possibly this Spring.

...have shed a few tears since my Sweetheart told me that he won't just be away on business next for ten days as of next week, but for 10 day stints up north until the middle of November and then in Haiti for two weeks from the middle to the end of November. Up north all he will have to communicate with will be an obscenely expensive satellite phone 1.25$ a minute, so not for leisure purposes and in Haiti he will only be able to send text messages from his colleague's phone, which is also pricey so I might get one every two days. God help me, I just may go mad. Over the next two months he will be in Montreal for nine days and I'm going to have to compete with his family, his laundry and his colleagues for his attention. God help me, I just may go mad...

2 comments:

  1. HI Karine! I am so sorry that you and your sweetheart aren't going to get to be together as much as you'd like. I know how hard it is, but I have a feeling that you are a strong person, and this 'stumbling block' will be used as a stepping stone in continuing to build your already strong relationship...

    Take care, and I hope you're feeling better!

    By the way, I LOVE this music too--I'd not heard the piece either until I watched the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karine,

    hope that migraine is a bit better today and is there anything you have wanted to do but couldn't because of time restraints? Maybe when he is away, you could do it?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete