Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today I...May 22nd

Today I...

...am sharing this news article from the Montreal Gazette about a massive student protest that was held today with all of you. As you can see, our fine province and fair city have been embroiled in this mess of a tuition fee hike issue for nearly four months now. There have been nightly protests every night for nearly a month and today, we got this bonus whopper of a protest. We have also been treated to smoke bombs and large bags of bricks and concrete tossed on the subway tracks causing service disruptions, once even the complete shutdown of the subway, blocked entrances to universities and cegeps and even High School students demonstrating in front of their schools. I, personally, was treated to a rather brief night of sleep last night not only because of the heat, but because these wonderful demonstrators decided to march right up to Prime Minister Charest's house at the marvelous hour of 11:30 P.M. and therefore the two police helicopters who were keeping an eye on the protesters from above buzzed around my neighborhood for AN HOUR from 11:30 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. and I only got to sleep at about 1:00 A.M. I live in a lovely neighborhood and am glad the Prime Minister of my Province likes it too, but I really wish the protesters had not gotten their hands on his address. I, for one, had no clue he lived in my neighborhood until protesters started showing up in the area back in April. Anyhow, I have more than had it with this whole mess and am really, really hoping for no helicopters tonight.

Thousands take to the streets on 100th day of strike

...was very happy when C picked me up on the corner of the street outside my apartment building when she happened by. I was running late and my bus was too.

...got my vacuuming done since I was not home enough over the weekend to get to it.

...had a nice little chat with my Sweetheart.

...am going to look up a map of PEI and see about starting to plan out my circuit for my trip next week.

...had a rather busy day at work filled with data entry and getting things ready for my week off next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment