Monday, August 8, 2011

Today I...August 8th

Today I...

...am sharing this photo of the votive lamp stands that can be found outside the Our Lady of Angels Cathedral in Los Angeles. I was quite amused to see votive lamp stands outside among palm trees seeing as I am so used to seeing them inside churches in Canada. Votive lamps outside would be unthinkable here!

...had a very laid back day which I mostly spend reading. I am already nearly halfway through "Water for Elephants''...so I guess it won't take me two or three weeks to finish it after all :o)

...enjoyed having a quiet day at home, it did me good, but I still don't feel ready to go back to work tomorrow. Ideally I would need at least a week off I think, but that won't happen until Christmas. Ugh...it's quite hard to motivate yourself to go to work when everyone around you is going on vacation!!!

4 comments:

  1. I know dh is counting down the weeks until he has vacation, so he knows how you feel.

    Great photo,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for vacation, and I know I've just gotten back to work from just having time off, but with my husband having been gone 10 days now, I think I need another one! :-)

    I hope you have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always hard to end a holiday

    ReplyDelete