Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today I...July 19th

Today I...

...am sharing this picture of the lovely fountain in the gardens of Casa Loma, in Toronto, with you. I sure wish I had a fountain like that in the courtyard of my apartment building, because I tell you, I would jump right into it if I could. But instead, I broke down when I got home from work and turned on my AC which has been running since about 5:00 P.M. It has successfully sucked the humidity out of pretty much my entire apartment and I will keep my windows closed until further notice since there will not be an overnight low under 20 degrees until at least Sunday. I have a very high tolerance for heat and humidity, but combine a stubborn heat wave with PMS which make me irritable and sensitive to temperatures either hot or cold and I feel like moving to Iqaluit just so I can get a decent night's sleep!

...was impressed by the size of the huge banner with Brother Andre's image on it that was put up above the main outer doors of the Basilica today. I will bring my camera to work tomorrow to take some pictures of it.

...am wondering why my Sweetheart bother to connect to Skype if he is just going to be 'Away' the entire time...two nights in a row. I guess I'll write him an e-mail instead of talking to him and hopefully he will answer me tomorrow. I got a brief e-mail from him today, so my odds are good.

1 comment:

  1. I would buy a toaster oven if I were you as it will save heating up your apartment. I can't believe you have been able to keep your a/c off, it's been miserable hot here.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete