Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Today I...June 19th

Toronto seen from the window of my flight from Charlottetown, I was heading into Pearson airport for my layover  before my flight home to Montreal

Today I...

...got up a bit earlier, despite the fact that I had trouble getting to sleep last night, this time because of my downstairs neighbor's AC unit. This may be a long summer if there are a lot of heatwaves. Let me say that I am not a difficult sleeper normally. I can fall asleep if there is music or the sound of a TV coming from another apartment as long as it is not incredibly loud. I can sleep through traffic noise, a thunderstorm as long as it is not too big and the sound of airplanes landing or taking off. A constant, low hum or vibration will drive me to distraction though, as will the sound of a dripping faucet. AC units = constant low hum and vibration and an unhappy, sleepless me.

...had a quieter day at work than yesterday.

...spent a solid hour and three quarters in the information booth while one of the summer tour guides was off giving a tour and then having dinner. It was bliss, I enjoyed the sun, spoke with a few tourists and read a big chunk of 'Anne of the Island', the third book in the Anne of Green Gables series. I just might finish it tonight and will then move on to book four, Anne of Windy Poplars!

...did not go jogging or do Pilates as it is too hot and humid. I may be off of my exercise regimen until this heat wave breaks as it is only going to get warmer.

...am concerned that I may be about to lose another one of my Platys. He has a fuzzy eye and I found him hiding in the lover left-hand corner of the tank tonight when I got home. At least he ate his dinner, but he's back near the bottom of the tank now. If I'm lucky and he is too, maybe he'll just lose the eye. I lost my mickey mouse Platy last week, so I only have my first, dark red Platy left and this guy who is yellow, dark red and black along with three Micro Raspboras and the ever enduring Alguie, my algae eating Albino Plecostamus.

...spoke with my Sweetheart for a bit over 15 minutes. He is still working a lot, but is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it really is the light at the end of the tunnel this time though, we've seen it a few times since February and it's always moved away from us! We'll believe it when we actually get to it :oJ

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karine! I'm working to get caught up on my blog reading and wanted to make sure I came by--THANK YOU for your kind comments that you have left on my blog, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated them! I also loved your six words for your Cat Cinnamon--You made it look so easy!

    I hope you get a good and quiet (!!) nights sleep and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete