Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today I...June 21st

Today I...

...am sharing a photo of this windblown store display in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo district with you .

...am having hormone induced mood swings. Need I say about that?

...called my landlord about my drain since it still has not been fixed. He told me that they left me a message on my cell phone over the weekend, but I never got it. I only missed one call from a very annoying 'private number' and they didn't leave a message. They will be coming to fix my drain on either Thursday or Monday. This is taking forever...why is Heaven's name didn't they just come and knock on my door?

...got a dirty look from the man who runs the convenience store across when I wanted to pay for my liter of milk with my debit card. That's the second time the he gives me the evil eye for using my card, so I have decided to take my business elsewhere, meaning up the street to the pharmacy which also have a convenience store section. They don't give a hoot how you pay over there!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Karine!! THANK YOU for your kind thoughts here on your blog for us, and what you left on my blog--You are so kind, and everything that we've been going through has been made so much easier because of those like you who are sharing in our loss and our struggles. Rudi is doing as well as can be expected, and we'll just take each day as it comes.

    I'm sorry your landlord is being so slow about getting your drain fixed, and I would take my business elsewhere too. You are probably getting the 'evil eye' because it costs them for you to use your card--But that's their problem and not yours!

    I hope you have a good day, thank-you again for your good thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo...people are so funny about the judgments they make when we do things in a certain way (like using a debit card)...but it is hard to know the "story" behind the "evil eye" or a slow landlord...and so we too make judgments. We do this out of necessity, we have choices always about where we take our business, and yet perhaps there is something going on in their lives that is creating these reactions (or in-actions). I'm learning that even when I am annoyed with someone, that if I send them lovingkindness (even if I choose to take my business elsewhere)...somehow I feel better and perhaps that person will feel the blessing energetically and things will be easier for them as well. We all suffer, and we all have the ability to offer kindness, even to people we find to be challenging.

    just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete