Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today I...June 26th

Today I...

...am sharing this photo of a palm tree lined street in Beverly Hills with all of you. If there was one thing that I was thrilled to see when my Sweetheart and I first landed in California last month, it was beautiful flowers and palm trees!

...had a nice day out. I went to the salon to have my hair trimmed and then took a nice bus ride down Sherbrooke Street West to get downtown.

...bought another book by Edward Rutherfurd. I finished 'New York' while riding the bus into town and I bought 'London' after spending barely a half hour in the book store. That's a very speedy visit to the book store for me :o) London is nearly 200 pages longer than 'New York' though, so it will probably take me a good two months to read, which is just fine :o)

...was woken up by the landlord this morning when he called to confirm that the contractor was going to be here at about 8:00 A.M. tomorrow to fix my blocked pipe. I was glad he confirmed, but I really would rather he had waited until after 10:00 A.M. to call. Another 15 minutes and I more than likely would have woken up on my own :o)

...am hoping that the work on my bathroom will be done early tomorrow afternoon so that I can go and meet my friend P and her little daughter A at the airport. They are moving back to Montreal after three years in Switzerland. I am so looking forward to seeing them and to meeting A! She is my adopted niece and was born about a year and half after P moved to Switzerland, so I have only ever seen her via web cam.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful street scene. Almost worth the earthquakes . . . almost.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Rutherford's latest release, "Paris"? I've heard it is very good!!

    ReplyDelete