Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today I...June 8th

Today I...

...am sharing this picture of a group of Madagascar Lemurs in their habitat at the Granby Zoo with you. These little fellas are amazing creatures, they can jump amazing distances...which is probably why the Lord thought he could dispense with camouflage abilities in their case. Because seriously, how can you expect to hide anywhere with a tail like that???

...am sitting on my couch with my hair pulled up (thank God it's finally long enough for me to tie) sipping a glass of cold white wine to keep cool. It is very hot and humid here today, but it should cool off tomorrow after a cold front is done pushing through. Until then, we are on a sever thunderstorm watch. We already had one hefty storm roll through earlier and we will more than likely be getting more overnight and tomorrow. In spite of the heat though, I must say that I love summer :o)

...gave a tour to a charming group of grade three students. They were incredibly curious and very well behaved, the way I like them best :o)

...am missing my Sweetheart and am hoping to hear from him soon. He got to Berlin today and will be there until Sunday. He is staying with a friend there who I assume has internet access, so I'm hoping! Only 28 days until he gets home, not counting today and the day he arrives. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue...

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle at your 'grade 3 students.' I had a little girl that was the same age as a patient yesterday at work, and for the first time in 20+ years, I bribed a patient, (her) to put flouride on her teeth--I told her she could get an extra toy out of the treasure box...It worked!

    It's hot here too and I hope we can both find ways to easily stay cool and find the patience we both need!! :-))

    ReplyDelete