Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today I...December 8th

Today I...

...had all the pictures for my time line plasticized, yay it's almost ready for use!!!

...gave a tour to a group of officers from the Canadian Forces Language school's French class and they loved it! How's that for a feel good tour :o)

...opened the back door of the museum and held it there for a half hour while a large group of elderly people in wheelchairs were loaded onto their bus. I darn near froze my ears off in the north wind that's blowing a huge snow storm (30-40 centimeters last I checked) our way, but it was worth it for the smiles the elderly people gave me as they went by.

...found out with my three colleagues at the end of the day that our boss is quitting her job in favor of an offer elsewhere. Things have been tense between her and the administration lately so it's not entirely unexpected, but after she got through a rough patch with them last week, we figured we were safe so it came as quite a shock. Her last day is next Friday unless the administration tells her to leave earlier, so we don't really know what to expect. We don't know if we're going to have another boss just for us or if we're going to be merged into another department and I don't know if they're going to keep me because I'm not even permanent yet (after working there for seven years...), they were working on it. God help us, we have no idea what's going to happen, but right now the four of us are just in shock and feel kind of like orphans for lack of a better way to explain the situation. Our boss was not always perfect, we have had rough patches with her because she can get rather emotional and carried away at times, but 95% of the time she is a breath of fresh air, incredibly approachable, encouraged us in all of our projects whether they were personal and professional, was a real joker and very protective of us. Things are not going to be the same in the office without her, it's going to feel very empty, very lonely and we are going to feel very vulnerable.

1 comment:

  1. oh that's not good. I will say a little prayer for you and your job........

    Gill

    ReplyDelete