Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today I...December 9th

Today I...

...woke up still feeling numb and upset and not very rested because I hadn't slept well.

...got to work a bit late after spending a half hour in the bus because traffic was bad due to the snow storm here. You should see it coming down, it's pretty crazy!

...had a very tiring, emotionally draining day. The Funeral for Brother Parr who passed away last Friday was this morning. It was a beautiful, very moving service and I cried along with a lot of people. I didn't think I was going to though, so I went without Kleenexes. Oops! My colleagues and I were then very stressed out by the fact that out boss's boss wanted to see us all individually. We were all scared stiff and very tired because none of us had really slept well last night, but everything turned out just fine, it looks like all of us are going to keep out jobs and I will finally, finally be becoming permanent as of January! To be continued, but my family and friends' and I's prayers seem to finally be paying off!

...was mesmerized by the beauty of the falling snow, Christmas lights and 6 o'clock church bells ringing while I was walking to the bus stop to help my friend decorate her Christmas tree.

...had great fun decorating my friend's tree while we watched and listened to my Carols from King's DVD featuring the King's College Boys' Choir. So beautiful...

...am worn out and am going to feed my critters, brush my teeth and go curl up in bed with my book for a bit before zonking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment