Monday, August 23, 2010

Today I...August 23rd

Today I...

...am sharing this picture of some lovely orchids that I saw on my way to the butterfly exhibit at the Botanical Gardens way back in February.

...had a heck of a time getting myself out of bed this morning. I was so tired and I couldn't figure out why and still can't. Oh well, hopefully I'll get over it if I manage to make it to bed at a decent hour tonight, but that's always a bit hard for me as I seem to be genetically engineered to be a semi-night owl. I'm meant to go to bed around Midnight, which does not work out well when I have to be up and at 'em at 7:00 A.M. to go to work.

...cooked something new for dinner! Linguini with cremini mushroom, cream and white wine sauce! I made it from scratch and it was soooooo yummy, even though it was meant to be made with Vodka, which I never have in my house, except for a party and then it's someone elses and it leaves with them because I never drink the stuff.

...had a semi-busy, semi-quiet day at work.

...had loads of fun laughing with my fellow tour guides L, X and K at lunch. They're all student summer guides though and X and K are finishing their season this week and L will only be around for a few days next week. I'm going to miss having them around every day, we have so much fun together.

...am feeling a bit off tonight and lonely. I'm thinking it's the full moon that's making me feel funny, it can do that to me sometimes.

...am so looking forward to locking myself in a bubble with my Sweetheart this coming weekend. My goal is to spend the whole weekend with just him. No Facebook, no blog and as little e-mail as possible, although I will have to contact my dad at some point to see if he can pick me up at the train station on Sunday night...because no matter how much I want to, I can never stay in my bubble with my Sweetheart. I always have to come back out and face reality. Oh dear, it's only Monday and I still have to make it to Friday before I get to leave to see my Sweetheart and I'm already thinking about how hard it will be to come home! Ugh...God, give me strength to make it to mid-March when he comes back to Montreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment