Friday, April 16, 2010

Today I...April 16th

Today I...

...had a semi-busy, semi-laid back day at work.

...finally made it to Second Cup during my lunch break so I could taste their hazelnut mocha latte. It was pretty yummy, but a bit sweeter than I expected.

...realized about an hour after finishing my coffee that it had been spiked with caffeine. Yup, you read that right! Unless I have my coffee in the morning right after getting up because it's one of my Sweetheart's lattes (he knows how to make them so they're 'me' friendly) or because I am going to be running on very little sleep, I always, always, always go decaf. Caffeine and I are NOT a good mix, I don't even have my caffeine-laced super intense migraine Tylenol unless I'm desperate and never after 3:00 or 4:00 P.M., because if I have them any later, I do not sleep. I'm actually hoping that I'm not going to have any sleep issues tonight, even though I finished my coffee around 2:00 P.M. So yeah, I told the guy to give me decaf coffee twice and I still got the regular stuff.

...went shopping after work and had a blast doing it for the first time in ages! I've had so little money for the past two years that I felt guilty every time I spent on something that wasn't essential, but since I became permanent and got a raise, that feeling has been slowly fading and today, when I went out to buy some new summer pajamas because most of mine are going on 10 years old, I was like a kid in a candy store! I got three pairs, plus a sweater from RW&Co. because they were having a 30% off sale and left the shops with a smile on my face instead of wondering what I would have to deprive myself of in order to make ends meet at the end of the month. Ah, the wonderful feeling of needing something a being able to get it as soon as the need arises!

...was hoping to be able to talk with my Sweetheart, but he was no longer on Skype by the time I managed to go online at 9:30. Darn, that's two days in a row that I miss him. Oh well, I should definitely be able to get a hold of him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment