Friday, April 2, 2010

Today I...April 2nd

Today I...

...spent the day packing after allowing myself a bit of a leisurely morning. I did very well and got 90% of my kitchen stuff packed away in four boxes.

...got very cross with Magique when she kept hopping into the partially filled boxes...particularly the one filled with crystal. That got her locked in my bedroom and I wouldn't let her out no matter how much she yelled at me.

...rewarded myself for a job well don by going out with my friend 'V' to take some pictures at the Oratory, as you can see. V couldn't understand why I would want to go to the Oratory on one of my days off and I explained to her that the day I couldn't stand going to the Oratory just because it was my day off was the day that I would have to look for another job. In my opinion, if you can't wait to get away from your place of work and can't stand to be there unless you need to be or even don't want to be there unless you need to be, you shouldn't be working there. Yes, I need a vacation every now and then and I'm tired at the end of my work days and work weeks, but I'm always ready to head back in the next day and the next week and am always happy to get back to work after my vacations. I even miss my job while I'm away sometimes. I miss the sights, and smells of the Oratory. You know, the smell of candle wax and incense, the smell of the cooking from the fathers' kitchen, the sounds of the different languages spoken by all the pilgrims and visitors, the sound of mass being said, of people praying, the bells ringing, the organs playing and the boys' choir singing, the sounds of my colleagues laughing and chatting and talking on their phones. Yes, I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for any other job even if I had the chance to. I dread to think that there might ever be a day when I don't love my work or I'm not willing to go there at the drop of a hat, because after all, how many people can say they're fortunate enough to work in a place like the Oratory?

No comments:

Post a Comment