Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today I...May 1st

Today I...

...MOVED!!! What a relief!!!

...woke up at 4:30 in the morning and didn't get back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7:00 when I had to get up at 7:30. It's a good thing I went to bed early last night (10:30) due to a splitting headache.

...am so thankful to all the friends and family who came to help me move today. There were six of us working on my move today and eleven today. Between the lot of us we got all my furniture set up, my curtains up, all my books, dishes, CDs, DVDs, kitchen stuff, knick knacks and clothes unpacked and put away (well, most of my knick knacks. I do have a lot of those, most of them are sitting on my mantel right now).

...gave verbal Hell to the creepy landlord from the building next door to my old apartment. He had spent the past two years watching my every move every time he was outside at the same time as me and today he laid into my dad for parking my moving truck what he considered to be too far onto 'his' side of the driveway. He claimed that he tenants wouldn't be able to get their cars past my truck and he started yelling at my dad and my dad started answering back. He threatened to call the cops so yelled at him to go ahead and call and we he kept going, I screamed at him to 'Leave us the Hell alone'. He looked shocked and backed off and disappeared, not to be seen again. Guess who I'm not going to miss?

...was seriously grossed out, along with all my friends, when we found a patch of mold 50 centimeters tall by a meter wide behind my bookcase, then more in the corner by my bed where my night table had been. DISGUSTING!!! No wonder I've had a perpetual cough and allergy symptoms for the past two years. My former landlord came in, looked discouraged and took some photos of the fungus before sawing a hole in the affected area of the wall and saying that it seemed to be superficial. My friends and family and I looked skeptical, picked up the rest of my stuff and left. Good riddance to that place, I just feel bad for the guy moving in there.

...am so, so happy to be in my new place. It's at least twice the size of my other apartment, the building is amazingly sound proof and so beautiful. I promise I'll post pictures of my place as soon as it's more presentable, but right now, even though 16 of my 21 boxes are empty, there's still stuff all over the place. My friend V is coming over again tomorrow and we should be able to get the rest of my stuff put away. That's the one thing my new place has less of than my old place: storage space. I so don't care though, it's such a small price to pay for a place that is above ground, mold free, safe and quiet. :o)

1 comment:

  1. The unpacking always seems to take a lot longer than the packing. Funny that.

    ReplyDelete