Saturday, May 8, 2010

Today I...May 8th

Today I...

...was pulled out of bed by D who called me because one of our tour guides was insisting that I had told her that she had a tour tomorrow and Monday. Uh, no...we looked all the places that any wayward booking might had been together over the phone and there was nothing anywhere, we had no clue how she could have gotten the idea that she had a tour. Luckily, I was already awake when D called, I had been reading my book in bed for a few minutes, otherwise I might have been kind of grumpy about the whole situation, but instead I was just befuddled.

...got my second and last load of laundry done on the first try, as all the machines were free. I was impressed!

...did a bit more work setting on setting up my living room, it looks a lot tidier now, which is nice. Now, I just need to figure out where to put my photo albums...

...continued devouring the first novel in the Twilight series. It is a dangerously addictive book, IE: I bout it on Thursday and am already more than halfway through it, I'll probably be down to the last hundred pages by the time I put my light out tonight.

...took a half hour nap this afternoon and am now quite alert for this time of night.

...soaked in the tub for a good 40 minutes while reading my book and lost track of time. My grandma had to call me three times before I was ready for our nightly phone conversation. Sorry, Grandma...I was deprived of a bathtub for two years though, so who can blame me for reveling in the pleasure of a nice long soak now that I can?

...spoke with my Sweetheart for 20 minutes, but it felt more like five...oh, how we laughed and laughed...he's leaving for the week tomorrow and I will miss him so very much. He's bringing his mini laptop though, so maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to talk at some point while he's away on his business trip and then his conference.

...was oh, so thrilled when my niece (my best friend's 10 month old daughter) recognized me on Skype today. We smiled and waved at each other and clapped our hands together through the screen. I'm hoping to be able to meet her in person soon, as they live in Switzerland. Maybe if I make it to Rome for Brother André's canonization in October, we'll be able to get together, we're hoping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment