Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today I...January 12th

Today I...

...had another quiet day at work, it's that time of year.

...had some good laughs with my usual lunchtime companions, the electrician, the painter, the plumber and the carpenter.

...did my Pilates when I got home from work.

...am praying for my two Haitian co-workers who have family back in Haiti. I hope they haven't lost anyone in the terrible earthquake they had there.

...am also praying for my job offer to come up soon, still waiting and hated myself today for being jealous of one of our tour guides who was named the new curator of the crèche museum today. I didn't even know the job was still up for grabs, but even I had I wouldn't have applied for it since I'm not qualified it. I have a bachelor's in art and architectural history and our tour guide, who got the job has a Phd and trumped the assistant curator for the job and she's been at the Oratory for 20 years. I wouldn't even have had a chance and it isn't really the job for me anyhow. I was just jealous and miffed that I've been working at the Oratory for seven years and have been fighting for a permanent position for the pas two years and she's been with us for one year and the most and got a directorial position. Them's the breaks...her job in directorial and mine's unionized, so I have to go through the entire union process and fight off other candidates who have a better shot at the job even if they haven't been around as long as I have because they're permanent and I'm not. Is it fair? No. Is it frustrating? Yes. Am I sick of having to wonder day after day if my job offer is up yet and week after week if I'm going to lose my job if someone is cruel enough to try and take my job from me? Oh, yes. But I don't have a choice to go through this if I want to have a better salary and better working conditions. It was going to have to happen sooner or later, I just wish it could be done so I could get rid of all this excess stress.

...spoke to my sweetheart and he listened to me vent and say that I had hated myself today and then made me laugh and smile. Thank God for him, I'd go mad without him.

1 comment:

  1. fingers, toes and everything else crossed that you hear something soon about your job.......

    Gill

    ReplyDelete