Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today I...January 18th

Today I...

...was happy to see that my colleague 'C' was feeling much better. She was smiling and singing hymns the way she usually does. She's always singing, it makes the office quite cheerful and it seems oddly quiet when she's not here and it was even stranger to have her be so quiet last week. Her apetite is not back yet and she gets very quiet at times, but it was still a big improvement over last week.

...found out that Cardinal Turcotte, the Archbishop of Montreal, is going to celebrate a mass at the Oratory's Basilica (our big 2000 seat church on the 5th floor) on Saturday at 4:00 P.M. for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.

...had a quiet morning, but a busier afternoon.

...went to choir practice in an earlier bus that was packed, but I made it on time for once! I'm usually a bit late (about 10 minutes, so I miss warm-up) because I get home from work at 5:00 and then only have an hour to eat in order to make it back out the door if I want to be at my practice on time.

...found out, with great joy, when our choir director gave us new placements and moved me down into the front row that the church is heated through the floor!!! I spent the entire practice standing on a delightfully toasty floor tile, so for once I wasn't cold by the second hour. I am never standing on the sanctuary steps to sing again! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment