Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today I...January 23rd

Today I...

...didn't manage to sleep in quite as much as I would have liked. Hormone disrupted sleep sucks.

...still have a twitch in my right eye, but am getting so used to it that I don't notice it most of the time. Maybe that will help it go away? Has anyone else ever had this problem? Apparently it's quite common.

...finally fit my Pilates into my busy schedule. I'll see if I can do it again tomorrow so I'll get my 'twice a week' done.

...wore the shoes I bought for my cousin's wedding for two hours and 15 minutes at work before I had to take them off because they were hurting my feet too much. Standing around in high heels is not cool. Walking is okay, but standing around, not so much. Luckily I had foreseen this and brought my flats up to the Basilica and hid them under a table in the nursing station lol

...was very touched by the mass we held for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti, it was absolutely beautiful.

...was amazed by the amount of people who came to the mass. We filled the Basilica (1, 870 people) sent the overflow into the largest of our three rental halls so they could watch the video broadcast on a big movie screen (350 people) and they kept on coming so we filled the Crypt church too (1000 people). Yup, for those of you who are good at math, that's a grand total of
3, 220 people. We were masterful though and the entire thing went off without a hitch. No one got sick, no one passed out and no one fell down an escalator. No crazies showed up (we do tend to get them at the Oratory) and no one caused any trouble, plus the Basilica was emptied out within a half hour of the ceremony ending. My interim boss was most pleased :o)

...got my weather wish, things shaped up for tomorrow, so I may be able to go for a picture outing after all!

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when new shoes pinch........I also hate wearing high heels as well.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete