Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skywatch Friday

I'm a bit late posting this, sorry...it's crazy at work this week and I had an appointment to go to after work.

So, it's March 11th today as you all know. Here in Montreal we hardly have any snow left at all and I actually saw some flowers (tulips and daffodils, I assume) beginning to poke through the ground near work today. I couldn't believe it. However, just to prove to you that this certainly doesn't happen every year, I figured I would use the above picture as this week's Skywatch feature. It's the house across the street from my mother's house two years ago...on March 9th, 2008. Or at least what you can see of the house. The winter of 2008 was brutal in Quebec, we got massive 30 cm+ snowstorms from mid-December right through to this last one in March. I kid you not...the snow depots were full, 80% of the population suffered from winter-induced depression and the snow in depots was still around in June. I think the last of it melted away closer to July. I kid you not...So yeah, no one is complaining about the mild, almost friendly winter we got this year. Now, if only we could get a really nice summer, we haven't had one of those since 2007. I kid you not ;o)

I hop you all enjoy your weekend, be sure and start it off on the right foot by going to check out all the amazing skies out there over here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, do you have the snow. About half of ours has melted and the spring birds are showing up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your photo here. I do hope you have a warm summer this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is alot of snow, great pic. Bring on spring.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete